[PyQt] Best versions to use on Windows XP

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Fri Aug 21 10:50:22 BST 2015

On Fri Aug 21 08:17:54 BST 2015, Christophe Olinger:

> I unfortunately have to develop a software for a Windows XP machine
> which
> also has to work on Windows 7. Which version of python and pyqt should
> use. 4 or 5? Does python3 also work correctly on Win XP?

I did a search (https://www.python.org/search/?q=Windows+XP&submit=) for
Windows XP on python.org and the first result says this:

   Python for Microsoft Windows (XP and later releases) Python releases
   include an excellent Windows installer.

(https://www.python.org/download/windows)

Though it must be noted that it doesn't actually say that on the
download
page.

I suggest giving it a try. If it turns out that it doesn't work then
that
will narrow down your options.

David