[PyQt] Qt WebChannel JavaScript API

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Aug 25 15:42:43 BST 2015

Hey!

* Dustin Falgout <dustin at falgout.us> [2015-08-25 08:38:21 -0500]:
> I'm hoping to use the Qt Webchannel Javascript API in an application
> I am working on. It is possible using PyQt5? The only documentation
> I can find online is the C implementation.[1] If anyone could point
> me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

> [1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebchannel-javascript.html

That only seems to talk about the Javascript side of things, not C++.

Have you tried using something like the standalone example[1] and
translating that into Python, to see what's missing?

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebchannel-standalone-example.html

I'm not sure if PyQt wraps all needed things, but I'd be glad to use
QtWebChannel in the future as well. Maybe someone else can say more.

> -- Dustin FalgoutFreelance Web Developer
> E-mail: dustin at falgout.usGoogle/Skype: dustinfalgoutFreenode IRC: #antergos
> Web Development Services

PS: Your signature seems a bit broken (missing spaces) in the
plaintext version of your mail.

Florian