[PyQt] Here are some images to demo the kind of text editor app I am envisioning; what widgets should I base the app around?

Brian Merchant bhmerchant at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 19:49:01 GMT 2015

Hi all,

I have made some images to demo a text-editor like app I'd like to make;
http://imgur.com/a/2OKph

Some features are very familiar: type text to enter it, auto-complete
boxes, etc.

Some features are not so familiar: you can drag and drop some elements of
the text to "flip" their position, some keywords are automatically
converted into symbols when typed, and so on.

My plan is to use PyQt4.

I am wondering, should I just I just take the QTextEdit widget and derive a
class from it, and then it should be possible to get the kind of design I
am thinking of? Or should I be thinking about doing this in a different way?

Kind regards,
Brian