[PyQt] LONG_BIT error static compiling Python3.4.2 for Android

lloyd konneker bootch at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 13:36:28 GMT 2015

Please disregard.  It was an error in my procedures: attempting to build (which includes patching) static python twice.  When you build static python for Android for the second time, you should have fresh, unpatched source for python.

Then if you need to hack at the python interpreter (to debug some crash say on Android), you can modify the source and make; make install.  But again, you should not build it using pyqtdeploy a second time, since the second time around, the patching will fail.

Also, you might want a separate copy of the python source for each target platform.  As far as I know, it is only patched for target Android, but after it is patched, it is not clear to me that the patched python source is still valid for other target platforms (in case for any reason you want to rebuild static python for another platform.)  In other words, if you are building static python for many target platforms from one python source directory, the order is important: first build the platforms that don’t patch the source.