[PyQt] "Project ERROR: SYSROOT must be defined on the qmake command line"

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 22:09:05 GMT 2015

I'm trying to set up for pyqtdeploy of a MacOS package on MacOS (native
build). I have created the following directory structure:

/Developer/pyqtdeploy
    sysroot-osx  <-- $SYSROOT points here
    Downloads
        Python-3.4.2   <-- from the current source tarball

With SYSROOT exported as /Developer/pyqtdeploy/sysroot-osx I move into the
Python-3.4.2 folder and issue the following commands, which are copied and
pasted from the docs:

$ pyqtdeploycli --package python --target osx-64 configure
Configuring /Developer/pyqtdeploy/Downloads/Python-3.4.2 as Python v3.4.2
for osx-64
Installing /Developer/pyqtdeploy/Downloads/Python-3.4.2/Modules/config.c
Generating /Developer/pyqtdeploy/Downloads/Python-3.4.2/pyconfig.h
Installing /Developer/pyqtdeploy/Downloads/Python-3.4.2/python.pro
$ qmake SYSROOT=$SYSROOT
/Developer/pyqtdeploy/Downloads/Python-3.4.2/python.pro:32:
defined(function, type): unexpected type [var].
Project ERROR: SYSROOT must be defined on the qmake command line

Could use some guidance on how I could more effectively define SYSROOT.
n.b. using the latest pyqtdeploy from the repository.