[PyQt] PyQt5.4 config.py and WebEngineWidgets?

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 05:06:15 GMT 2015

The app I'm trying to deploy uses QWebEngineView, ergo I've clicked
QtWebEngineWidgets as a needed PyQt module.

The make fails with "ld: library not found for -lQtWebEngineWidgets"
and this is correct, no such lib is found under $SYSROOT. There does exist
PyQt-gpl-5.4/sip/QtWebEngineWidgets, however the config.py output doesn't
mention it at all even with --verbose on; and of course the make doesn't
make it.

Looking at config.py, it seems to hinge on target_config.The file
pyqt5-osx.cfg (made by pyqtdeploycli?) does mention QtWebChannel but not
QtWebEngineWidgets.

So I added the name QtWebEngineWidgets to the pyqt5-osx.cfg file and reran
config, qmake, make, make install. And there is now libQtWebEngineWidgets.a
under $SYSROOT and the make succeeded.