[PyQt] building QML resources using pyqtdeploy on iOS

lloyd konneker bootch at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 6 21:26:53 GMT 2015

Any hints about how to manage QML resources on a pyqtdeploy build to
iOS?  In other words, what process do others use?

My code is:  QQuickView(QUrl("qrc:/qml/Document.qml")) which I
understand to mean: let Qt find the resource in data compiled into the
executable using rcc.

I compile my resource directory using pyrcc5 into a myApp_rc.py, and
that works when not pyqtdeployed, but I understand that is now not
recommended.

A nieve pyqtdeploy to iOS fails to find the qml, its looking in
'///private/var/mobile/Applications/randomDigitsHere/myApp.app/://resources/qml/Document.qml'
I'm not sure that is the notation that means Qt is looking in its rcc
compiled data in the executable file.  Besides, I don't see that the
generated myApp.pro references myApp.qrc (shouldn't there be a
'resources+=myApp.qrc' ?)

I'm using Xcode, not QtCreator, directly after running pyqtdeploy, and
the xcodeproj doesn't seem to have a step to move the resources into the
app bundle.

Maybe myApp.qrc is not where pyqtdeploy can find it?  Or is there a step
I am missing, such as fixing the .pro file and rerunning qmake?