[PyQt] How to get Qt signals delivered to a pure python thread.

Ilya Kulakov kulakov.ilya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 08:00:36 GMT 2015

Thank you for all your response!

So you're saying that DirectConnect is perfectly safe when connecting from a thread without qeventloop?

More Qt question rather than pyqt, but is it possible to control run time of an event loop? According to docs, there is just a blocking exec function and it's not possible to run qeventloop for N seconds  (as e.g. Cocoa's CFRunLoop).

Another approach that I tried is to have a proxy qobject that is moved to the main thread just after creation and then uses simple python callbacks to invoke methods of my other-thread object. Is it better than DirectConnect?

Sent from my iPhone