[PyQt] QOpenGLWindow (PyQt-5.4)

Trent Huong aussie.dnb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 06:34:34 GMT 2015

Hi,

I am running into some problems trying to use the new QOpenGLWindow in
Qt-5.4. The error is "AttributeError: 'QOpenGLContext' object has no
attribute 'functions'". However, according to the documentation,
QOpenGLContext should have such a function. Are the bindings not up to date
or have I made another mistake? Here is the code:

import os
import sys

from PyQt5.QtGui import (QOpenGLWindow, QSurfaceFormat)
from PyQt5.QtWidgets import (QApplication,)

class MainWindow(QOpenGLWindow):
    def resizeGL(self, w, h):
        pass
    def paintGL(self):
        gl = self.context().functions()

        gl.glClearColor(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)
        gl.glClear(gl.GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | gl.GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = QApplication(sys.argv)

    format = QSurfaceFormat()
    format.setDepthBufferSize(24);