[PyQt] Missing update after model change

Fabian Sturm f at rtfs.org
Mon Jan 26 20:57:58 GMT 2015

Hello,

attached is a very simple and short example of PyQt and a QObject.
What I want to achive is that when the user clicks the button a
property in the model is set which itself updates the Text widget.

Unfortunately the text is only updated when I resize the application.
This wrong behaviour only happend after I put the text and the button
in the tab and layout widget. Any ideas what is missing?

I just noticed that I seem to have a similar update problem with the
tab widget itself already. If I click on the second tab it again only
draws itself after an application resize. So my QObject code might
still be correct.

All that happens on Ubuntu 14.10 with Python 3.4.2 an PyQt
5.3.2+dfsg-1ubuntu1.

Thanks a lot,
Fabian