[PyQt] Cosmetic issues with pyqtdeploy

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 00:24:35 GMT 2015

Just getting started with pyqtdeploy. Noting some minor cosmetic issues.

1) Neither pyqtdeploy nor ...cli support --version. (So I can't say for
what version I'm using -- but I installed it today so presumably 0.9?)

2) When "make" fails, the dialog "make failed." is very small, and clicking
"Show Details..." shows some long message texts in a very narrow window. It
would be nice if the dialog allowed stretching to a wider shape. (Selecting
"Verbose output" gets the same messages in the main window)

3) Every 2nd or 3rd time I click Build, something makes qmake fail, but
there seems to be a problem reporting that, with a traceback as follows:

File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pyqtdeploy/gui/build_page.py",
> line 168, in _build
>     builder.run([qmake], "qmake failed.", in_build_dir=True)
>   File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pyqtdeploy/builder/builder.py",
> line 1016, in run
>     saved_cwd = os.getcwd()
> FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Once this has happened, following attempts to "Build" fail the same way,
but quitting and restarting clears the problem and QMake can succeed again.