[PyQt] Problems displayin SVG with QIcon (PyQt5.4, Kubuntu 15.04)

Gustavo A. Díaz gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 15:30:50 BST 2015

Hi,

I have a problem trying to assign a SVG imagen to QIcon. The icon is not
being displayed.

In my code, where I use icon with SVG, was working in the past:

QApplication.setWindowIcon(QIcon("myicon.svg"))
QSystemTray.setIcon(QIcon("myicon.svg"))

No debug errors at all. Also I've checked if PyQt has svg support/Installed:

from PyQt5.QtGui import QImageReader
print(QImageReader.supportedImageFormats())
... PyQt5.QtCore.QByteArray(b'svg'), PyQt5.QtCore.QByteArray(b'svgz') ...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

--

Gustavo A. Díaz