[PyQt] crash on app exit only if sys.exit

oliver oliver.schoenborn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 23:32:23 BST 2015

Using PyQt 5.3 (from binary distribution), our application exits fine if
the last line is app.exec(), but it crashes intermittently on exit if the
last line is sys.exit(app.exec()). Based on documentation & examples &
search, calling sys.exit() should be fine. So I'm thinking that whatever is
causing this is still a problem but "normal" exit (by reaching end of
python file) does something differently (maybe GC) that doesn't trigger the
area of memory that got corrupted. Any suggestions would be much
appreciated.

--
Oliver
Author of these Open Source: PyPubSub <http://pubsub.sf.net>, Lua-iCxx