[PyQt] PyQt4 and PyCharm IDE

Zachary Quinn Scheuren angryjaga at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 16:07:28 BST 2015

I use PyCharm on Mac, Linux and Windows with PyQt4 all day every day. You need to make sure your project interpreter is setup with the Python version you have PyQt installed for. You don't need it to be the same Python, though. You can also set the project interpreter to be virtual and make sure the virtual Python has the correct packages installed. In my case we load PyQt from the server (3 different locations depending on platform) so it's not even locally installed, but I have the project interpreter setup so PyCharm builds skeletons and I can happily use code completion.

Zachary