[PyQt] RuntimeError: the sip module implements API ...

Nemanja Savic vlasinac at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 15:40:52 BST 2015

Hi all guys,

this is my first post on the list, unfortunatelly, I due to the problem I
have to make an app run.
Namely, I cant run gr_filter_design program from Gnuradio. The error that I
get is:

RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v11.0 to v11.1 but the
PyQt4.Qwt5.Qwt module requires API v6.0

I use RHEL6.
Everything was working fine but when I moved to the new version of gnuradio
I also installed newver version of Qt, ...

In order to solve this I downloaded and installed qwt-6.1.2, and then I
wanted to install PyQwt 5.1.0 (hope this can solve the problem) but I get
following error:

Requires at least PyQt-4.2 and its development tools.

Any idea what could be done here?

Best,

--
Nemanja Savić