[PyQt] QtMacExtras

Glenn Ramsey gr at componic.co.nz
Thu Jun 18 22:14:11 BST 2015

On 18/06/15 20:02, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On 18/06/2015 7:55 am, Glenn Ramsey wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the documentation for 5.4.2 the only class from QtMacExtras mentioned is
>> QMacPasteboardMime. I assume that the others are not supported (yet). Is there a
>> technical reason for this or is it just due to lack of demand?
>>
>> If it's lack of demand then I'll put my hand up for QMacToolBar and
>> QMacToolBarItem.
>
> Lack of knowledge on my part. Are they still usable if
> QMacToolBar::nativeToolBar() and QMacToolBarItem::nativeToolBarItem() don't get
> wrapped?

Yes, I think they would still be useful without those calls.

I did some searching and I see that PyObjc allows NSToolbar and NSToolbarItem to
be used from Python. Would it be possible return something from
QMacToolBar::nativeToolBar() and QMacToolBarItem::nativeToolBarItem() that could
be coerced into the respective PyObjc types (sip.voidptr ?). Not sure how one
would do the coercing though.

Glenn