[PyQt] [BUG?] ImportError with QtNetwork since updating to 5.4.2 on Windows

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Jun 24 07:55:27 BST 2015

* Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> [2015-06-17 21:57:30 +0100]:
> On 15/06/2015 4:45 pm, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> >* Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> [2015-06-15 16:09:08 +0100]:

> >>Not intentionally. You might be able to see what DLL is causing the
> >>problem
> >>(using a dependency tracker). Otherwise I'll wait ti see if anybody else
> >>has
> >>the same problem.
> >
> >With dependency walker, I noticed SSLEAY32.DLL is a 32bit (CPU x86)
> >rather than a 64bit DLL. I reinstalled 5.4.1 and it shows as 64bit
> >there.
>
> I can't reproduce this. I can import QtNetwork and "depends" shows
> SSLEAY32.DLL as 64 bits.

I did a full install instead of a minimal one, and that seems to work.
Then when running the installer again with a minimal install, that
still works.

It's possible I did a full install with 5.4.1 and now tried a minimal
one when upgrading. Maybe the old version doesn't get uninstalled
properly? I get asked whether I want to uninstall it, but I don't see
anything happening when I say yes.

Florian