[PyQt] QtWebEngineWidgets crasher

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Wed Mar 18 21:38:02 GMT 2015

Hello

I am experiencing crashes on exit when importing the QtWebEngineWidgets
module.

I know that PyQt5 always calls sip.setdestroyonexit() now, and that this
may cause issues when instances are not created at the module level, but
I'm not sure whether this applies in this case.

Here's a test that always dumps core on exit for me (I'm using Qt-5.4.1
on Linux with the latest snapshots):

     from PyQt5 import QtWidgets

     def test():
         from PyQt5 import QtWebEngineWidgets
         widget = QtWidgets.QWidget()
         widget.show()
         app.exec_()

     app = QtWidgets.QApplication([''])

     test()

I've tried this with all the other PyQt5 modules, but QtWebEngineWidgets
is the only one that causes a problem. I also tried using
sip.setdestroyonexit(False), but that made no difference.

I'm afraid I can't provide a useful backtrace, because I don't have
access to a debug version of qt5 at the moment.

--
Regards
Baz Walter