[PyQt] Locating .ui files at runtime

Jared Henley jared.henley at gmail.com
Tue May 12 00:20:36 BST 2015

Hi,

I'm developing a program using PyQt.  I load the .ui files at runtime
using uic.loadUi() for various reasons, mainly because the python
source is cleaner.

I'm trying to work out how to find the correct path to the .ui files,
particularly when the program is installed and they could be in any
number of places depending the path prefix of where the program gets
installed to.

If it's any help, I'm developing primarily for Linux and other unixes,
other platforms are not high on the priority list.

How are people going about this?

Jared