[PyQt] pyqtdeploy and libintl on Ubuntu.

John M. Hackett john.hackett at icon-is.co.uk
Fri Oct 30 12:05:27 GMT 2015

On running pyqtdeploy qmake succeeds but make fails with " /usr/bin/ld cannot find -lintl" error.

I am running on a newly installed ubuntu 14.04 container (openvz). Googling for this error has not generated much useful information - I have gettext and libc6-dev installed. " ldconfig -p | grep intl" does not give any results so the library has not been installed with either of them.

There are some references to similar issue on MacOS but not much relating to Ubuntu and I can't find where I get get the library itself to install it.

I also installed both "libintl-perl" and "libintl-xs-perl" just in case but still get the same problem.

There was a comment here - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1505519 " Sorry, Ubuntu does not support libintl ." Is that true? If so how can I use pyqtdeploy on Unbuntu? Or do I have to go through the setup process again with another distro (Centos? Fedora?). I really hope not as its taken about a week to get to this stage!

Is there somewhere I can get the source code so I can statically compile it and add it to the SYSROOT directory?

--
Regards,

John Hackett
Icon Information Systems
74 Gibsons Hill, Norbury, London, SW16 3JS
t: 020 8764 2663
f: 020 8711 3370
m: 07801-231118
e: john.hackett at icon-is.co.uk