[PyQt] TypeError when returning void

Ferguson, Eric W (397B) Eric.W.Ferguson at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 2 22:52:17 BST 2015

Hi,

I have a simple C++ slot in a QObject that returns a void. In python, I grab a reference to QObject and then call the void method. This results in the following error:
TypeError: unable to convert a QVariant of type 0 to a QMetaType of type 43

If I change that C++ slot to return a bool I do not get an error. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

I am currently running PyQt 4.11.4.

Thanks,
Eric Ferguson
NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Mission Operations Engineer (397B)
818.634.1928

"It’s human nature to stretch, to go, to see, to understand. Exploration is not a choice, really; it’s an imperative." - Michael Collins