[PyQt] Losing xcode project changes when using pyqtdeploy?

David Morris othalan at othalan.net
Thu Sep 10 23:54:28 BST 2015

I am creating an iOS application using PyQt via pyqtdeploy and I am
attempting to configure the xcode project beyond what the basic pyqtdeploy
app handles.  However, I am losing changes when I change python code and
must rerun pyqtdeploy.

Is there a way to only freeze modified project python files without
needlessly touching xcode project files which remove my modifications?

Or perhaps I am missing a way to make these changes in the pyqtdeploy
project?  Here is what I am currently setting using XCode (all for iOS),
which I loose if I run pyqtdeploy:

Application icons (using asset catalogs)
Application loading screen images (using asset catalogs)
Application XIB file (loading screen on iOS 8.x)
Deployment target (iOS 8.0)
Deployment Devices (iPad only)

My original workflow looked like this:
pyqtdeploycli
cd project_build_dir
qmake
make

Most of my customizations I do not loose if I build the project using XCode
instead of the command line (don't use qmake && make), however I still
loose customizations to the XIB file.

I am going to experiment with calling freeze.python from a Makefile to
freeze only modified python files, but not certain yet how I will handle
the case of new python files added to the project.

Ideas?

David