[PyQt] Implementation of the QQuickFramebufferObject

Rostyslav Lyulinetskyy info at rostik.de
Tue Sep 15 12:14:30 BST 2015

Hi,

I am trying to port my c++ code to python and I am integrating a custom
OpenGL rendering with Qt Quick via QQuickFramebufferObject (as described
here:
https://blog.qt.io/blog/2015/05/11/integrating-custom-opengl-rendering-with-qt-quick-via-qquickframebufferobject/)
Everything works well in c++, but for various reasons I need to port
this to python and it doesn't seem to work. The virtual function
createRenderer() in the QQuickFramebufferObject must be overridden so
one can return a new renderer, but for some reason this function is not
even called when using PyQt.

Is it even possible to override this virtual function from python? Am I
missing something?

Here is a small example to replicate that the createRenderer() function
is not called:
https://gist.github.com/rostikL/7876e4c47fc8dd8ce02f

Thanks,
Rostik