[PyQt] python3-qt5-5.5-1

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 18:52:08 BST 2015

The dataChanged signal has this c++ signature:

QAbstractItemModel::dataChanged(const QModelIndex & topLeft, const
QModelIndex & bottomRight, const QVector<int> & roles = QVector<int> ());

In pyqt, I try to emit the signal from my class that derives from
QAbstractTableModel, like so:

self.dataChanged.emit( index, index )

This fails with the following error:

QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type 'QVector<int>'
(Make sure 'QVector<int>' is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)
This is related to this bug:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-46517

Specifying an explicit empty tuple or list for the last argument still
fails with the same error.

Therefore, I currently use self.modelReset.emit() which causes CPU overuse,
as I have realtime flow.

Is there a workaround to be able to emit for just the range that changed?

Tx