[PyQt] PyQt5.5.1

Simon Dible simon.dible at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:23:06 BST 2015

Hi,

I'm just playing around with building pyqt for android target from a
windows host. I have created a .ui based QMainWindow application, that has
a menu bar a few buttons and a few labels with pixmaps setup, and uses
bluetooth low energy. I have the graphics specified as filesystem paths
instead of resources as suggested on
pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy/pyrcc.html  On windows and linux the
graphics load fine, but on android they don't appear to load, but the
application works jsut fine.

The code for my icons is
root = QtCore.QFileInfo(__file__).absolutePath()
icon = QtGui.QIcon()
icon.addPixmap(QtGui.QPixmap(_root + "/resources/ic_launcher.png"),
QtGui.QIcon.Normal, QtGui.QIcon.Off)
myMain.setWindowIcon(icon)

self.label_2.setText("")
self.movie = QtGui.QMovie(_root + "/resources/animation.gif");
self.label_2.setMovie(self.movie);

I tried using QFileInfo to list the path to the path to the files and they
are there. The path is :/resources/animation.gif

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or what else I could try?

Is there anyway to debug the python code when its running on android, or do
I just have to use linux and hope it just works (other than print
statements)?

Thanks
Simon

p.s. pyqtdeploy needs an option for specifying the spec file to use with
qmake when its building a static pyqt5,  the same as sip already has, by
default it wanted to use msvc-2010 on me when I have win32-g++, took me a
while to work around that one.

Thanks again, great product!