[PyQt] pyqtdeploy, Windows, ctypes and sys.dllhandle

Robert Kent rob at gulon.co.uk
Tue Sep 29 19:00:21 BST 2015

Hi All,

I’ve hit a snag when trying to wrap the comtypes library with pyqtdeploy on (on Windows). This library depends on ctypes and when I include that in my project and run the application I get the following runtime error:

…
  File “:/ctypes/__init__.pyo”, line 435, in <module>
Attribute Error: ‘module’ has no attribute ‘dllhandle’

When I go to the relevant line in the ctypes source file I find that ‘dllhandle’ belongs to the ‘sys’ module and I can call it from the command line.

So, my question(s) is/are: is this a bug or is this omitted for a reason? If the latter, is there a tweaked version of ctypes available that I should be using or a workaround? Or (finally), have I simply broken something somewhere?

Cheers, Rob