[PyQt] using QScroller with PyQt5

Bill Eaton wpeaton4 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:48:47 BST 2015

I'm trying to figure out how to use QScroller in PyQt5. As I understand it,
QScroller is the preferred way to achieve scrolling with touch and drag on
mobile devices.

One example I've seen (for C++) seems to hook up a QScroller to the viewport
of a widget. And then you have to somehow intercept gestures and connect
them to the QScroller.

Regrettably I cannot find any examples of QScroller for PyQt. I did run
across bootchk's GitHub page for gestures:

  https://github.com/bootchk/testQtGesture

Has anyone successfully implemented QScroller in PyQt? If someone could
provide some clues on where to start, I'd happily post back some example
code.

Thanks in advance,

Bill Eaton