[PyQt] Program crashes on Mac OS X using Qt 5.6

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Apr 4 14:23:02 BST 2016

Hi,

I have to answer my own post just in case somebody else is facing a similar issue. The
cause of the issue (s. below) seems to be a packaging bug of the offline and online
installers for Mac OS X. In order to fix it I executed (enter command all on one line).

install_name_tool -add_rpath <homepath>/Qt/5.6/clang_64/lib
<homepath>/Qt/5.6/clang_64/lib/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEnginePro
cess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess

Detlev

On Saturday 02 April 2016, 15:24:14 Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I tried to run the new eric web browser, which is based on Qt5.6 and
> its QtWebEngine on Mac OS X. I used all latest snapshots of Scintilla, sip
> and PyQt5. However, when starting the browser script, I get this error
> message.
>
> dyld: Library not loaded:
> @rpath/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Versions/5/QtWebEngineCore Referenced
> from:
> <homepath>/Qt/5.6/clang_64/lib/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngin
> eProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess Reason: image not found
>
> It seems, that @rpath is not resolved correctly. What can I do about that?
> BTW, OS X is 10.11.4 (i.e. very latest).
>
> Detlev
>
> Detlev Offenbach
> detlev at die-offenbachs.de--
*Detlev Offenbach*