[PyQt] pyqtdeploy, Android and extensions

Robert Kent rob at gulon.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 13:07:53 BST 2016

Hi Phil,

I'm happy to say that I have successfully got a PyQt app up and running
on Android (in the simulator anyway!). I'm now on to the fun part of
trying to dynamically load extension modules. The prescribed technique
works up to a point, i.e. placing the shared object (.so) file next to
the executable (in Android's case the generated lib<APP_NAME>.so).
However, when the app tries to import the module I get the following:

ImportError:
   Don't know how to import numpy.core.multiarray (type code 3)

I have cross-compiled the module and checked its compiled for the
correct architecture. As far as I understand it, type code 3 is for C
extensions...

Any suggestions on what I might be missing or alternative methods would
be hugely appreciated.

Thanks very much, Rob