[PyQt] Well-designed semi-complex "content" oriented PyQt application?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:54:12 BST 2016

Hi all,

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic.

Looking at real-world examples is always good inspiration. For that
reason, I'm looking for examples of semi-large well-designed/modern
"content" oriented PyQt applications. With "content" oriented I mean
the typical application where you work with some kind of "document"
(project, ..., etc), either SDI or MDI.

Do you have any good candidates to recommend where you think the
design of the application architecture is particularly good?

I know of Eric, which is a highly complex application, but I'd rather
find something that is slightly smaller, and maybe where the code base
hasn't been around for so long. It makes it easier to identify the
design patterns used if there's not a lot of "baggage".

I'm specifically interested in examples where the top-level handling
of documents and entities within documents is sound/well thought out.
Bonus points if it also makes extensive use of Qt itemviews/models.

Thanks in advance,
Elvis