[PyQt] Well-designed semi-complex "content" oriented PyQt application?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:15:23 BST 2016

> Am Dienstag, 19. April 2016 11:54 CEST, Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com> schrieb:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Do you have any good candidates to recommend where you think the
>> design of the application architecture is particularly good?
>
> I liked TreeLine - http://treeline.bellz.org/index.html

Thanks!

I had already found TreeLine and looked a little at its code. Could
you describe the architecture briefly and why you think it is good?
(..or were you recommending it from a user POV?)

I think it looks OK, but there are several of the central classes
which are really big (TreeMainControl, TreeLocalControl, TreeWindow,
...), so it's a bit hard to make out the design.

It looks like it has chosen to break out some of the logic into
"control" classes (TreeMainControl and TreeLocalControl), which derive
directly from QObject. These classes seems to maintain actions and
coordinate the creation of main windows and widgets, but there's a lot
going on in there, which I think may be a sign of a problematic design
(violation of the single responsibility principle).

Elvis