[PyQt] Undefined "typeinfo" for KDEDModule while trying to create PtKF5

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Thu Apr 21 15:48:01 BST 2016

On 20 Apr 2016, at 8:27 pm, Shaheed Haque <srhaque at theiet.org> wrote:

> OK, after a bit of poking around, I realised I had not followed the
> advice to add the library being bound to the makefile.extralibs. With
> that in place, the error changes as follows, here with the linker
> command line
> for reference:
>
> g++ -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro -shared
> -Wl,--version-script=KDBusAddons.exp -o KDBusAddons.so
> sipKDBusAddonscmodule.o sipKDBusAddonsKDEInitInterface.o
> sipKDBusAddonsKDEDModule.o sipKDBusAddonsKDBusService.o
> sipKDBusAddonsKDBusInterProcessLock.o
> sipKDBusAddonsKDBusConnectionPool.o -lKF5DBusAddons
>
> And the actual Python error:
>
> $ PYTHONPATH=cxx/KDBusAddons python
> Python 2.7.10 (default, Oct 14 2015, 16:09:02)
> [GCC 5.2.1 20151010] on linux2
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> SystemError: dynamic module not initialized properly
>
> Using Google, I found several references to this message, but none
> seemed relevant [1]. Any suggestions on how to debug this? Or thoughts
> on what might be missing?

I assume that KDBusAddons imports other KDE modules - if so what happens when you explicitly import those first?

That exception will be raised when the import fails but no exception is raised to say why. You can look though the code of the SIP_MODULE_ENTRY() function and see exactly which call to SIP_MODULE_RETURN() is being made to get a better idea of where the problem is.