[PyQt] pyQt5 5.7 wheel and sql driver

Paolo De Stefani paolo at paolodestefani.it
Thu Aug 11 19:12:35 BST 2016

Hi all
In my computer (windows 10 x64) i have this configuration:
python 3.4 and pyqt4 installed in c:\Program Files (x86)\Python34-32\
python 3.5 and pyqt5 installed in c:\Program Files (x86)\Python35-32\

in python 3.4 pyqt was installed from
PyQt4-4.11.4-gpl-Py3.4-Qt4.8.7-x32.exe
in python 3.5 pyqt was installed from
PyQt5-5.6-gpl-Py3.5-Qt5.6.0-x32-2.exe

Everything works fine and i can run from wing-ide personal python
application for python 3.4 and python 3.5 without any problem. In
particular i'm using a small application that works with a postgresql
database written for pyqt4 and rewritten for pyqt5 that works great

Now i've uninstall pyqt5 5.6 and installed pyqt5 5.7 with the command
'pip3 install pyqt5'

My program now can't access the database, i get an 'driver not loaded'
error message.

I've used depends.exe to get the attatched png immages, looks like in
pyqt5 5.7 libpq is required while this is not in pyqt5 5.6

I've installed postgresql 9.5 x64