[PyQt] sip. setdestroyonexit

Carl Wolff carl at wolff-online.nl
Mon Aug 15 21:11:56 BST 2016

Hello,

I succesfully applied sip. setdestroyonexit on a fairly large pyqt4
application suffering from occasional crashes at exit time.

My question is twofold:
- why is destroyonexit not set to False by default;
- Is it (theoretically) possible to live without using this sip call? E.g.
by adhering to guidelines regarding pyqt wrapper/qt ownership and qt/python
garbage collection? When I read the API documentation of
sip.setdestroyonexit carefully, I get the impression that it is impossible
to live without this sip call.

Best regards,
Carl