[PyQt] GTK/native OS theme not used by Qt 5.7

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 8 20:19:39 GMT 2016

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 07:50:53PM +0100, Rembrand at daxLAB wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I'm switching over to Qt 5.7 (from Qt 5.5.1) and all seem to work fine except
> for one thing. It looks like I can't get the theme working that is used by the
> desktop environment itself (in this case Linux Mint Cinnamon).  I do fallback
> to Fusion style for my main window but QFileDialogs do not change at all and
> look horrible outdated (with brown icons from Gtk theme version 0.0).

If you want to continue using GTK+ 2 integration with Qt 5.7, you need to use
the latest qtstyleplugins[1] Git snapshot and set QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2.

(I pinged the upstream[2] about doing a new release tarball, but did not get
any response.)

Alternatively, if you need only dialogs/icons integration (without the style
change), you may use the GTK+ 3 platform theme which is part of qtbase, but
not included in the official binary installers because of [3].

[1]: https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtstyleplugins.git
[2]: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/2016-November/004356.html
[3]: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2016-April/025613.html

--