[PyQt] from PyQt5 import QtWebEngineWidgets hangs after QApplication has been created on win7

Scener Spanish spscener84 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:22:16 GMT 2016

Hi,

I'd like to report one bug i'm experiencing on windows7 when doing:

>>> from PyQt5 import QtWidgets
>>> QtWidgets.QApplication([])
>>> from PyQt5 import QtWebEngineWidgets

the import of this module will hang for some reason and I'm unsure how to
debug it. You can find more details about it over here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41172301/pyqt-modules-cant-be-imported-after-qtwidgets-qapplicationsys-argv/41268939>
.

This issue is stopping me from loading plugins dynamically after the
QApplication has been created.

The trickiest part of this issue is I'm the only one who can reproduce
this, as you can see on the StackOverflow question I'm on win7 and I've
installed pyqt5 from pip.

Any advice?