[PyQt] Learning Qt5 designer

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Dec 31 00:14:24 GMT 2016

On Freitag, 30. Dezember 2016 15:35:24 Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2016, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > You can undo your changes, as long as designer is still running.
>
> Pete,
>
>    Yes, I saw that under the Edit menu.
>
> > Have you tried the other layout variant grid and form?
>
>    Not yet. I'm very familiar with wxPython and trying to translate that
> knowledge to Qt5.

Well, my wx experience is a bit rusty, I turned to PyQt 15 years ago.

> I've read that I should work from the back (frame, tabbed
> window) forward, but that didn't work for me so I am trying to create the
> main data entry (add/modify/delete) dialogs written and configured then
> learn how to place them on tabs.

It's not that hard. First, your edits should be QLineEdits by default, and
attached is *one* way to layout it using a form layout. You could use a grid
as well. Take an afternoon and play a bit with designer. It's fun.

Cheers,
Pete