[PyQt] pyqtdeploy: howto add egg's?

Schluchti schluchti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 14:02:20 GMT 2016

Hi all,

I am using pyqtdeploy to create PyQt Applications for Android. It took me
some time, but finally I got a simple PyQt application working on Android.
Now, I would like to add some additional modules to my PyQt application - in
particular "pycrypto". Therefore, I downloaded the pycrypto sourcecode,
compiled it with the Android NDK compiler toolchain against my statically
compiled Python and created a *.egg file.

But now I'm a little bit lost...how can I add the Python egg to pyqtdeploy?
According to the pyqtdeploy documentation I should add the Python egg to the
sys.path file, right? I did this, by adding the following path to sys.path:
"C:\tomatoview-app\static_android_libs\ext\pycrypto-2.6.1-py3.4.egg".
Unfourtunately this doesn't work...when I try to import something from
pycrypto (e.q: from Crypto.Cipher import blockalgo) I'm always getting
"ImportError: No module named 'Crypto'".

I also tried to unpack the generated *.apk file to check if it contains the
pycrypto library, but there is nothing pycrypto related in there.

What am I doing wrong? I would really appreciate any help.

Kind Regards
Bernhard