[PyQt] Conflict between setuptools & requirements in official PyQt5 docs

Kovid Goyal kovid at kovidgoyal.net
Thu Feb 11 03:27:59 GMT 2016

And here's an example that crashes on exit, reliably 100% of the time
(python3, linux)

from PyQt5.Qt import QApplication, QMainWindow

class MainWindow(QMainWindow):

    def closeEvent(self, ev):
        ev.accept()
        QApplication.instance().window = None

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = QApplication([])
    app.window = MainWindow()
    app.window.show()
    app.exec_()

Simply changing the order of the two statements in closeEvent() causes
the crash to stop happening.

Kovid.