[PyQt] Cross compiling...

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue Jan 19 23:54:12 GMT 2016

On Tue Jan 19 22:34:09 GMT 2016, Kyle Altendorf wrote:

> In short, I look forward to figuring out a) if we can cross-build for
> Windows from Linux, b) getting building for Windows at all working, and
> c) getting whatever solutions tidied up for easy use in the basic
> situations.

It might be useful to look at MXE (http://mxe.cc) as a basis for this.
It can apparently build Qt 5 and I've previously cross-built the Qt 4
examples for testing under Windows. I know that it's another huge step
to then cross-build Python, SIP and PyQt, but a lot of the hard work may
have already been done.

David