[PyQt] Issue with PyQt5.6 wheel on OS X with QGraphicsItemGroup addToGroup

Nick a.grinner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 19:25:16 BST 2016

I've compared PyQt-gpl-5.5.1-snapshot-13f9ece29d02 code with the PyQt-gpl-5.6
code and see no difference nor in the Qt 5.3 and 5.6 qgraphicsitem.cpp.

Could this be a sip regression I'm seeing?

In general everything about the 5.6.x builds and execution seems normal in
my code except this addToGroup issue I see with custom objects.

the problem persists in PyQt-gpl-5.6.1-snapshot as well when I build from
source.

In summary on OS X:

Python 3.5 with PyQt5.5.1 works
Python 3.5 with PyQt5.6.1-snapshot fails to addToGroup()
Python 3.5 with PyQt5.6.0 fails
Python 3.4 with PyQt5.5.1 works

I can work on a simple case reproduction if that helps as well.

-Nick