[PyQt] WebEngineView Multi platform _Win, Lin, Mac_ desktop experience

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jun 20 17:59:11 BST 2016

Hi,

the eric6 web browser has already be ported to QWebEngine (eric software repository,
default branch). It works quite fine on all these platforms with Qt 5.6. Before that the
QWebEngine widgets are really limited in functionality. The only platform I had issues was
(and still is) Qt 5.6 on Arm  Linux (ODroid XU4).

Detlev

On Monday 20 June 2016, 18:31:15 Rembrand at daxLAB wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Can I replace my QWebView (from WebKit)  safely with QWebEngineView when I
> want my application to run on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX? I'm asking since
> I had a hard time to get it stable/or even running on all 3 platforms with
> Qt 5.5.1.
>
> Is anybody out there with experience on one or all mentioned platforms.  I
> also got the feeling that there are a lot more dependencies involved (not
> always available on vanila test/targetes user systems).--
*Detlev Offenbach*
detlev at die-offenbachs.de