[PyQt] ImportError: No module named 'time'

Jakob Simon-Gaarde jakobsg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:41:41 GMT 2016

Hi.

I can see that soneone else reported something similar some time ago:
https://riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2014-July/034581.html

But I didn't get further to solving my problem by reading that thread.

I have build Python statically in accordance to the guide:
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy/static_builds.html#python

I can import PyQt5 modules and bring up UI-stuff, but if I make a simple
"import time", ImportError is raised.

I have run the nm command on my libpython3.5.a to see if there is a time
symbol anywhere, but that is not the case:

nm libpython3.5.a | grep -i time

output:
http://pastebin.com/yypfF3gC

Shouldn't it be referenced somewhere as a symbol. I'm guessing time should
be a built-in module.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Jakob Simon-Gaarde