[PyQt] pyqtdeploy build can't find modules

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Sat Mar 12 14:40:35 GMT 2016

On 11 Mar 2016, at 6:06 pm, David Beck <dbeck at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> I added an __init__.py to the ELFB directory and get the same results. I will try making a completely “flat” version of my project to see if it can be deployed that way (but it makes project management just that little bit messier).
>
> As you suggested, I cloned the Mercurial repository for PyQtDeploy and deployed pyqtdeploy.app successfully. If I try deploy my ELFB.pdy file, I get the output:
>
> Generating code...
> Creating directory /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build
> Creating directory /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/resources
> Creating directory /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/resources/eFieldBook_Qt5
> Creating directory /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/resources/eFieldBook_Qt5/palettes
> Creating directory /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/resources/eFieldBook_Qt5/ui
> Creating directory /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/resources/eFieldBook_Qt5/ui/rsrc
> Creating directory /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/resources/collections
> Creating directory /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/resources/encodings
> Creating directory /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/resources/importlib
> Creating directory /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/resources/PyQt5
> Running 'python3.5 -OO /var/folders/xc/l59x44tx4_bbl7d78cp44fyc0000gn/T/pyqtdeploy-hwtH42/freeze.py /var/folders/xc/l59x44tx4_bbl7d78cp44fyc0000gn/T/pyqtdeploy-hwtH42/jobs.csv'
> Unable to freeze files
> No such file or directory
>
> I looked and there is no /pyqtdeploy-hwtH42/freeze.py or jobs.csv at that location. Neither were requested when I was deploying pyqtdeploy.pdy. I don’t know if that is related to my original problem, but it might have something to do with how the Mercurial pyqtdeploy was deployed.

freeze.py and jobs.csv are created in a temporary directory that is deleted by the time the program terminates. If you edit builder.py and add...

    temp_dir.setAutoRemove(False)

...below the line that creates the QTemporaryDir instance then the directory and its contents should survive. You can then run the freeze.py script manually to see what's going on.