[PyQt] qtdiag

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Mar 18 15:18:57 GMT 2016

Hey,

* Tim Odenthal <tim.odenthal at numeca.be> [2016-03-18 16:02:29 +0100]:
> As I am just writing a stupid parser for (part of) the output of the qtdiag
> tool (provided with QT5), I was thinking that maybe it would be nice to
> directly provide something like that in PyQt? Are there by any chance plans
> to do (something like) this? Or does a similarly powerful alternative exist
> already? It could be a very useful, cross-platform way to determine things
> like screen resolution, available gl extensions etc.

Seeing qtdiag is written in Qt, writing a tool to parse its output in
Qt seems unnecessarily cumbersome:

http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qttools.git/tree/src/qtdiag/qtdiag.cpp

The things implemented via defines might be problematic, but other
than that, you should be able to do the same from PyQt just fine.

Florian