[PyQt] Crowdfunding campaign for QtWebEngine support in qutebrowser

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Mar 24 21:12:51 GMT 2016

Hi!

I'm the main developer of qutebrowser, a keyboard-focused vim-like web
browser, built using PyQt: http://www.qutebrowser.org/

qutebrowser is currently using QtWebKit, which is based on an outdated
version of the WebKit rendering engine. This comes with various
stability, performance and security issues.

Yesterday, I launched a crowdfunding campaign with the goal of adding
support for QtWebEngine to qutebrowser. QtWebEngine is based on
Chromium and in very active development - support for it will fix
dozens of qutebrowser bugs related to QtWebKit.

Since this is a lot of work, I plan to work on it full-time for a
month, or even longer if possible. I'd really appreciate your help!

You can find the campaign here: http://igg.me/at/qutebrowser

Thanks!

Florian