[PyQt] QtWebKit and QtWebKitWidgets are not being installed by the current binaries for PyQt5 5.6.0 for Windows/Python 3.5.1 x64

samijoba samijoba at vivaldi.net
Tue May 3 03:06:05 BST 2016

Hello,
The Windows binary packages/installers for PyQt5 version 5.6.0
available on https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download5
do not install QtWebKit and QtWebKitWidgets for me.

I run Python 3.5.1 (x64) on Windows 10.

The PyQt5 Windows installers do not create any .pyd or .dll files for
QtWebKit or for QtWebKitWidgets
in my python\Lib\site-packages\PyQt5 folder.
Thus, I get an error when I try to import QtWebKit or for
QtWebKitWidgets in Python.

I have also unpacked the installers with 7-zip and noted
that there are no QtWebKit and QtWebKitWidgets .pyd/.dll files inside.

Installing PyQt4 does create QtWebKit.pyd QtWebKit.dll in
python\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4.
These files are also packaged into the corresponding Windows binary
installers.

Is this situation (that is, no QtWebKit nor QtWebKitWidgets on
Windows/Python 3.5.1 x64) by design,
or is there any issue with the current Windows binary installers for
PyQt5 version 5.6.0?

If the former applies, is there any reason for not including QtWebKit
and QtWebKitWidgets
in the current Windows installers for PyQt5 version 5.6.0?

Thanks in advance for your much appreciated feedback and regards,
Sami