[PyQt] Event recording and playback

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue May 10 22:33:32 BST 2016

* Carl Wolff <carl at wolff-online.nl> [2016-05-10 21:19:50 +0200]:
> I want to know if somebody has experience with event recording and playback
> for automatic testing purposes for PyQt4 applications.
>
> Can somebody give some hints how to proceed?

That sounds like a cumbersome and error-prone way of testing PyQt
applications.

What benefits would that give you over using the QtTest API[1] to
interact with your widgets?

I can also recommend pytest-qt[2] which comes with a lot of other
helpful stuff.

It's a plugin for pytest[3], which I can highly recommend as well.

Florian

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qttest-index.html
[2] https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-qt
[3] http://pytest.org/

(disclaimer: I'm a contributor/maintainer for both pytest and
pytest-qt, but that only happaned because I liked them a lot :P)