[PyQt] Using a function for the pyqtProperty designable attribute

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Sun May 15 02:54:35 BST 2016

I was looking to make a pyqtProperty be run-time configurable for being
designable or not.  I've quoted the PyQt5 and Qt documentation on the
topic below and while it appears that Qt supports specifying a function
for the designable attribute, PyQt5 does not (no mention in the
documentation and it didn't work for me in 5.5.1.  I admittedly did not
try 5.6).  Am I correct that PyQt5 cannot control the designable
attribute dynamically?  Any plans to implement this?  I have solved my
issue another way but figured I would ask.

http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/qt_properties.html

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/properties.html
> The DESIGNABLE attribute indicates whether the property should be
> visible in
> the property editor of GUI design tool (e.g., Qt Designer). Most
> properties
> are DESIGNABLE (default true). Instead of true or false, you can
> specify a
> boolean member function.

Cheers,
-kyle