[PyQt] Static iOS builds for x86_64

David Morris othalan at othalan.net
Fri May 20 16:52:08 BST 2016

Rob,

This was a change in Qt version 5.6 which I find REALLY annoying.  qmake
used to put the iOS target first, however they deliberately changed this in
v5.6 to put the iPhone Simulator first, no option for choosing yourself
what order you want.  The reasoning was because the "proper development
cycle" as dictated by Qt is to test in the simulator before testing on the
target.  (Yes, I'm annoyed ... my app can't compile on the simulator
without a lot of extra work we have no need for).

If you don't mind compiling for the simulator, you can just use "make
all".  There also is iOS specific install target generated so any
subdirectories must be installed separately, one by one.

End result, for Qt v5.6 I had add the below lines for the PyQt5 install.

+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5) -j4 iphoneos
+       # Work around QT Bug where iphoneos install targets do not exist
+       #make -C $(DIR_PYQT5) iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/Qt                  iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtCore              iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtGui               iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtLocation          iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtMultimedia        iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtMultimediaWidgets iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtNetwork           iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtSensors           iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtSql               iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtSvg               iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtWidgets           iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtXml               iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5)/QtXmlPatterns       iphoneos-install
+       make -C $(DIR_PYQT5) install_init_py install_uic_package

And for SIP:

+       make -C $(DIR_SIP) -j4 iphoneos
+       make -C $(DIR_SIP)/siplib iphoneos-install

I'm going to be in traveling from Thailand to Japan tomorrow so I may be
out of touch for a bit, but if you encounter any more problems I'll comment
when I can.

Good Luck!

David